Wednesday 22 October 2014

Women in the First World War

I first heard Paula Kitching speak at the HA Conference in York last year. Paula was a late substitute for another speaker who was ill. When I saw that her subject was going to be Women in the First World War I was disappointed - women doing great work at home, supporting, supplying and covering for the men at the front ... it's very important and, yes, it helped persuade more people in the UK that women should be given the vote, but I felt that it was a very familiar subject.

And then I heard Paula. He talk was not about women on the home front at all but about four remarkable women who were with the fighting men overseas. These are great stories, and it was a pleasure to ask Paula to come to Bath to tell them.

Paula Kitching speaks on Women in the First World War at the Friends Meeting House, York Street, on Thursday 23 October at 19.30.

No comments:

Post a Comment